Job Title: Automotive Technician/Mechanic I
Reports To: Director of Maintenance
The Automotive Technician/Mechanic requires a journeyman level of knowledge and skills necessary to repair cars.
• Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle repairs
• Remove, clean, repair, reinstall, and adjust vehicle components
*Engine emission components (state certification)
*Electrical / electronic components
*Brakes / exhaust
• Properly utilize work orders to insure adequate workflow administration
• Select appropriate course of action for repairs
• The above technician duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define
minimum activities. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the company,
• Technicians must have a high school diploma, or equivalent, with a minimum of
three (3) years direct automotive repair experience. ASE Certifications preferred.
• Must have demonstrated technician experience monitoring and meeting PM
schedules and operating automotive repair shop equipment.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must have an appropriate Technician’s tool set.
• Must have excellent communication skills. Demonstrated abilities of building solid
relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates.
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time greater than two hours
at a time
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
• Must have visual acuity to type, read reports, enter and produce data; reports;
written statements, etc.
• Be able to squat for a short period of time, less than ten minutes
• Must be able to hear and speak clearly for radio and telephone communications
EOE- Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, military status, marital status, or other characteristics recognized by state or federal law.