Job Title: Preventative Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Director of Maintenance
This position requires journeyman level knowledge and skills necessary to repair vehicles.
• Perform Preventative Maintenance Inspections and minor repairs on a
transportation fleet consisting of light duty vehicles.
• Remove, clean, repair, reinstall, and adjust vehicle components such as:
• Properly utilize work orders to insure adequate workflow administration
• Select appropriate course of action for repairs
• The above duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define minimum
activities. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the company as
• Candidates must have a high school diploma, or equivalent, with automotive repair
• Demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PMI schedules and operating
automotive repair shop equipment a plus
• Computer experience with Excel and Word preferred
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have an appropriate mechanic’s tool set
• Must have excellent communication skills. Demonstrated abilities of building solid
relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates
• Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug test
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time greater than two hours
at a time
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
• Must have visual acuity to type, read reports, enter and produce data; reports;
written statements, etc.
• Be able to squat for a short period of time, less than ten minutes
• Must be able to hear and speak clearly for radio and telephone communications
EOE- Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, military status, marital status, or other characteristics recognized by state or federal law.